Circle Lens Guide
What are circle lenses?
Circle lenses are cosmetic lenses with a dark outer rim that makes your iris look bigger and thus making your eyes look bigger.
Are circle lenses safe?
They are as safe as regular contact lenses. However, do beware of fake circle lenses.
Can people with prescription wear circle lenses?
Yes. Most circle lenses do come with prescription. Only a few styles are only available in plano.
Can I wear circle lenses with glasses?
Yes. Just get non-prescribed (plano) lenses.
I have astigmatism. Can I wear circle lenses?
You can wear toric lenses (which are more expensive) or if you only have a little astigmatism then regular circle lenses will be fine (although your vision will be slightly off, so don't drive!!).
How long do circle lenses last?
It depends on brand and style.
- when you first get your lenses, soak them in contact solution (not the solution it came in) for at least a day prior to wearing
- never wear torn lenses! even if it's just a tiny rip
- dry sensitive eyes? carry eye drops with you
- like all lenses, don't wear them for over 12 hours at a time (usually recommended to only wear up to 6-8 hours). your eyes need to breathe(:
- always soak your lenses in clean contact solution after wearing
- do not wear expired lenses! (either up to their lifespan from the day you opened or the expiration date if they're unopened)
Got more questions? Feel free to ask in comments below(:
Labels: circle lens