Julep May It Girl Box Swatches



Nessa - Bright lemon sorbet shimmer.
Julep Nessa Swatch

Ashley - Sunset orange with a metallic micro-shimmer.
Julep Ashley Swatch

Kylie - Sultry violet magnetic polish.
My boyfriend kindly allowing me to use his nails for testing (*´▽`*)

Nessa and Ashely are not colours I would typically get but once again I am pleasantly surprised by these out-of-my-comfort-zone-Julep-colours. I tend to stray far away from shimmery nail polishes but I have grown a liking for these two shimmery summer shades.

My only complaint is that the brushes from these two polishes lacked structural integrity. They are nothing like the brushes from all my other Julep polishes. I did some googling and it seems that many others also received defective brushes and that Julep will be sending out replacements (phew!).


10 comments:

  1. Totally loving Nessa! I've been on the hunt for a pearly-yellow~ This is perfect<3

    Great post, hon!

    xoxo
    EV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nessa is my boyfriend's favourite too! ^.^

      Delete
  2. I like the magnetic one. That's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh its really cool! i just wish that the lines came out straight

      Delete
  3. This is such a wonderful post! I love the Bright lemon sorbet shimmer! :>>

    Drop by my blog if you get a chance and make sure you comment so I know you stopped by!
    http://hermerriment.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice colors..
    thanks for your comment
    i follow
    i hope you follow me back
    http://color-blockbyfelym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice mani.please come to see my blog end subscribe end i will do the same on yours.let's follow us.http://pictura-pe-unghii.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL at your boyfriend letting you paint his nails xD
    Ahh this post makes me wanna by more polishes but I have enough already @__@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it took some persuading x)
      Do you live in the USA or Canada? If so, you can try it for one month for only a PENNY!!!
      I wrote about it here in case you wanna try it: http://tdhally.blogspot.ca/2012/04/julep-april-it-girl-box-swatches-get.html

      Delete
  7. Hi Ally! Thanks for stopping by my little blog!!

    Yea, I totally can't believe that I found that dress at Goodwill. With the economy still shaky other people are looking for fashion bargains too so it is quite competitive to say the least.

    BTW. I love the color Ashley, unfortunately Julep is not a common brand in the US, or at least in So-Cal where I live.

    Have a great day!

    ~Jane B.

    ReplyDelete